|Fri, Apr 25||Albany AOH||375 Ontario St., Albany||7pm - 10pm|
|Tue, Jun 24||Schodack Town Park||6pm - 8pm|
|Sun, Jun 29||private party||1pm - 2:30pm|
|Sat, Jul 19||private party|
|Fri, Jul 25||Great American Irish Festival||Frankfort, NY||5pm|
|Tue, Aug 5||Cook Park||Village of Colonie||6:30pm - 8:30pm|
E-mail Us at email@example.com
- 2014 Saints and Sinners Tour of Ireland - flyer and itinerary.
- Read our write-up on page 5 in the June 2012 edition of the Albany Medical Center newspaper, Albany Med Today.
- Check out our write-up in the Daily Gazette!
- Our new CD, titled "Look Back... Don't Stare," is now available at all of our shows as well as the following locations:
- Get your Triskele merch at any of our shows! We have t-shirts, pint glasses, bumper stickers, and wristbands!
Triskele was born at Albany Medical Center in the winter of 2009. Noeleen Whelan, a Dublin-born native, found co-worker Sharon Wheeler, a native of the Capital District, and this all-female Celtic group was formed. A year later, Noeleen's daughter, Christine Whelan, joined as the bassist and Jennifer Kilinski joined on flute, percussion, and vocals. When these women came together, so did the signature harmonies that they are known for.
In January of 2013, Triskele transformed again. Vicky Plotsky (bassist) and Terri Chandler (vocalist and guitarist) joined Triskele when Christine took leave to tend to her family and job.
In early 2014, Terri left the band to pursue other endeavours.
"Celtic Trad. with a Women's Touch" historically most of the music played in pubs were performed by men, Triskele offers a unique interpretation focused on harmonies and reviving the Gaelic language.
Noeleen plays Bodhran (Irish drum) and guitar. A native Dubliner and youngest of sixteen children, with no TV, they spent many an evening with family singing around the turf fire. Noeleen also sang in the church and busked on the street with friends and even performed on Irish Television (RTE). After losing both parents, Noeleen came to The USA to live with her sisters, and wanted to keep the Celtic songs and Gaelic Language alive. After having a daughter of her own, she instilled the heritage to pass on. When she met Sharon at Albany Medical Center, the newest traditional musical journey began.
Sharon was born into a large musical family and learned traditional folk and Irish music by the fireside. A multi-instrumentalist, she also has played a variety of genres ranging from ancient fyfe and drum to classical, folk and jazz; her favorite remains Celtic. A certified music therapist and practitioner of complementary therapies by day, Sharon always enjoys the story behind the song and strives to pass it down in the old style, so when she met Noeleen a musical bond was formed.
Jenn can be found with a guitar strapped to her back wandering into pediatric patient's rooms or into special education classrooms by day. As a Certified Music therapist, Jenn is a multi-instrumentalist. Originally from Rochester, NY she's performed flute in churches and numerous ensembles and studied privately at The Eastman School of Music. Triskele fans know her for her signature "Silvery Flute", percussion and powerful vocals. This is Jenn's third year with Triskele.
Hailing from Concord, Massachusetts, Vicky has always had an affinity toward the low pitched instruments. She grew up playing cello and bass viola da gamba through high school and while at Middlebury College. Six years ago, she turned electric when a friend was looking for a bass player in his band. Since then she plays with GB-five, a Band with a great mix of rock&roll and Motown. State worker by day, Vicky's having great fun learning Celtic tunes playing electric bass with Triskele.
- 50 South - Ballston Spa, NY
- Ancient Order of Hibernians - Albany, NY
- Caffè Lena - Saratoga Springs, NY
- The Clifton Arts Festival - Ireland
- The Bennington Irish and Folk Festival
- Herkimer's Great American Irish Festival
- Hunter Mountain's International Celtic Festival
- Lyons Lake - Nassau, NY
- The Mercantile - Dublin, Ireland
- The Orchard Tavern - Albany, NY
- The Parting Glass - Saratoga Springs, NY
- Potter's Tavern - Troy, NY